H2. An Untimely Run-In
At the Crossroads
- The Human Swashbuckler discovers a dead Dwarf at the crossroads to Arabel and gets sicken by the smell of the dead body
- The Wood Elf is following the Swashbuckler from afar observing him
- A Dwarven Cleric traveling to Arabel happens upon the sicken Swashbuckler and tries to help him recover from the foul smell, the Dwarf knows the smell but can not remember the facts of what it is.
- The Dwarven Cleric sees the Wood Elf and the Wood Elf dismounts and quickly blends into the forest to go unseen with his horse
- The Swashbuckler recovers from being sicken and sees movement in off the path in the trees, he goes to investigate.
- The Dwarven Cleric goes to inspect the dead body and find out the cause of death.
- The Swashbuckler is assaulted by the four undead zombies
- The Cleric casts a protection spell on himself, just as a skeleton and the dead dwarf rise and attempt to attack him
- The Swashbuckler dodges multiple attacks and deftly slices of an arm of one of the undead
- The Cleric calls upon his God and destroys an unknown number of undead yet the two that are attacking him go unharmed
- The Swashbuckler begins backing out of the brush and head toward the cleric
- The Cleric once again calls upon his God and confirms destruction of 3 zombies and an unknown number in the surrounding area. The Undead that are attacking the cleric swipe at him and he become nauseated from their attack.
- The Swashbuckler dismembers another undead, The Cleric calls upon his god to turn the evil undead away but the power is waning and destroys an unknown number of undead but having no effect on the one attacking him.
- The Cautious Dwarven Fighter who is making his way from Secomber to the Captail city of Cormyr “Suzail”: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Suzail sees the clash ahead and dismounts from his pony and draws his crossbow and fires a shot from over 100 feet away and strikes the zombie and ends the evil life force in it.
- The Wood elf remains hidden however sees a caster around a tree with a cart full of bodies casting, he moves silently forward only to see the caster stop casting and quickly jumps on the cart and rides off toward Arabel with the cart full of bodies. He reveals himself and tell the other combatants that the caster rode off toward the city.
- The small group bands together and heads toward Arabel.
- The group arrives deep in the evening to the gates of Arabel. The Cleric asks for entry but the town guard refuse. The Cleric uses his quick and lies that their are undead coming and they have to be let in. The Swashbuckler & Wood Elf play along and the guard appears to be convinced and quickly open the gate.
- The reason they were let in is because the bluff was in reality a truth, the small group were being pursued unbeknownst to them by what appears to be small groups of undead coming toward the city.
- The captain of the guard named Captain Mann comes storming up cursing the gate guards for letting anyone in at that time of night especially since they were potentially under attack again. The Captain tells the group that they need to stay at the Witch’s Teat and not sleep until they are debriefed by the Captain.
A Bard on a Boat
- The Bard named Lucky is eating and fascinating people to get more favorable reactions, when a porter runs in and whispers to the captain. the captain quickly gets up and rushes out, only to return moments later and inform the group that they are to all go to their rooms as what appears as a two pirate ships are fast gaining on them.
- Lucky senses something amiss and looks out and see the ships are actually Dragon Coast Militia ships not pirate ships. He informs the Captain of this and the Captain tells him that this has happened before they want payment and goes to gather any spare money that the passengers have.
- Lucky goes down and dons his fighting equipment and hides aft deck to see what actually transpires. As he thought the Captain of the Dragon Coast ship asks for payment for safe passage the captain complies and is about to hand over bags of money to the Orc Captain who is 7 feet tall.
- Lucky fascinates the ships crew to be moral and upstanding and they are better than this. many of the ship crew members silently agree. Lucky then insults the Orc Captain and the Starbreeze Captain tries to tell lucky to stop. the Orc Captain yells to send the gang plank across and board the ship.
- Lucky again fascinates both crews to be with him on doing the right thing and be upstanding, all on the starbreeze agrees with him and many on the Dragon Coast Milita boat do the same and begin to revolt. the captain of the starbreeze is outraged and attacks Lucky. Lucky quickly disarms the captain and takes him prisoner. The revolt on the milita ship is in full bloom and lucky orders the first mate to get the ship moving away from the milita ship, the first mate is seriously reluctant but complies sort of, he moves the ship inline with the milita ship and heads toward the nears safe harbor of Arabel.
- Lucky goes to find if the Prince is ok. The prince seems at first unfazed by the attack but when asking more questions he then becomes concerned, Lucky becomes suspicious and cannot tell if the Prince is lying or not. The Prince stares at Lucky for a moment and nods his head and Lucky suddenly feels compelled to go to the Wild Goose and meet a man named Arvent and once he meets him he will be rewarded.
A Wild Goose chase
- A druid arrives after several days of travel to Arabel to meet up with a renown Druid at the Wild Goose. She is allowed passage into the city with no incidents on the road with undead, although the entire city is in a cloud of nervousness because of the sighting of many undead.
- The druid goes to the Wild Goose tavern but does not find the person she is looking for when ordering a drink from the bar the price is too steep, uncommonly high in fact that she leaves, yet while looking once more through the crowd she catches sight of a halfling in the far corner who nods and beacons her over.
- The Halfing named Mord Irt tells the druid that the meeting place has switch to the Witch’s Teat due to the change of customers at the Wild goose which are nothing but guards mans and militia. He sends her to meet the druid.
- Lucky arrives at the Wild Goose and asks for Arvent from the Barkeep, the Barkeep eyes glaze over and he stares off vacant for a moment and then tells lucky to follow him. He is taken into a back room and waves his hand over the back wall and suddenly the wall moves out of the way to a set of stairs going down into another bar, but with many people in various states of drunkenness. The barkeep walks him to Arvent. Lucky ask if he is arvent and the man simple tells him to follow him. The man leads him into a meat storage room with a pit in the middle for waste. The man draws his sword and tells Lucky that he is Arvent and he is going to die. Lucky snaps out of the pall he was under by the Prince and draws his sword and fights, he is cut up but in the end he finds Arvents weak spot and digs his blade into his throat instantly killing the thug.
- Lucky swiftly leaves the room and ask a barmaid how to get to the bathroom and is lead out of the den back to his horse, he goes toward to a local church to ask questions but they are closed, he ends up asking a guard how he would get to his destination and he tells him he would need to go to the witch’s teat for more info.
- The Cleric, Swashbuckler, the Wood Elf, the Enchanter, the Bard and the Druid are all in the Witch’s Teat mulling about asking questions or waiting for answers when all of a sudden a great deal of screams and sounds of fighting are coming from the main room….